SIP Day 1

Bored. Seriously boring. Reporting time at 0830..though I reached turf club at 0745. Way too early lol. Sat around and waited till 0815 before I walked into the admin office. Then it was waiting again. Apparently the people at the Admin Building dont arrive till 0830. Finally someone walked in through the door to get me and brought me up to the Learning & Development Department. And it was more waiting still. In the end, went up and down the Admin building and passed from one person to the other. -.-"
Finally, the admin staff from the Vet dept came to get me. Woots! Angie is nice. She showed me around and introduced me to the Vet surgeons, vet nurse, vet officer. Then I was introduced to the Head of Clinical Vet Admin, Linda. And she too brought me around the Equine Hospital. Saw the ultrasonography room, the radiography room, surgery room, even the isolation stables for the horses where I met a very temperamental horse. I got to pat him though..but when we had to leave, he started jumping and kicking..awww..he missed me already...
Then it was on to meet my supervisor, Diana. Again, another very nice person. She drove us to Blk 30 where the lab I will be spending most of my 5 months at is located. I know blk 30 sounds really huge..honestly, its tiny..the lab is perhaps half the size of TP's lab..and the office just got renovated so no one has moved in yet. But Diana did tell me that I will get my own desk once the office is ready. WOOTS. Sat around somemore in the lab and read the protocols. Didnt actually got to do anything until after a meeting with the acting head vet, Dr Dan, Linda and Diana where we discussed my MP title. All in all, a rather boring day..since there isnt much to do. Though, I did get to drive a buggy around.. It's like driving a toy car..The lab is way too far away from the Admin blk to walk..Tomorrow, the real training begins. I hope I'm still alive by the end of the week..first day and I already fell into a deep slumber on the bus trip home..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home